Semiconductor IP News and Trends Blog
10 New Protocols to Design and Integrate Your SoC in Record Time
This month we released 10 new Verification IP for leading-edge protocols! Did I say 10? Yet again, we continue to be first in the market with support for protocols used in leading-edge applications like video-on-demand, cloud computing, big data, and higher resolution videos that are used in the automotive, mobile, enterprise networking, and consumer industries.
What are those 10 protocols that will help you design and integrate your SoC in record time?
1. Ethernet 400G – The highest performance Ethernet standard critical for enterprise networking to support the increasing bandwidth needs of video-on-demand, cloud computing, and big data applications
2. Ethernet TSN – A new set of specifications ideal for low-latency applications such as real-time audio/video streaming that require time-sensitive communication necessary in automotive and industrial automation. Cadence will be the first in the industry to support this specification.
3. SPI NAND and 4. Octal SPI – Critical new memory protocols for automotive and industrial applications that provide higher density performance with the same footprint as previous generations
5. UFS 2.1 for improved data security through the use of inline cryptography between the SoC and UFS storage device
6. USB Type-C – Enables power delivery, alternate modes, and high-speed data over a single connector for consumer and mobile applications
7. DisplayPort (1.3,1.4) and embedded DisplayPort (eDP 1.4a, 1.4b) for 8K resolution and scaling at reduced power envelopes for consumer and mobile applications
8. Display Stream Compression (DSC) for enabling real-time, visually lossless image compression for consumer and mobile applications
9. MIPI DSI-2 for a high-speed, low-power consumption interface between a peripheral and a host for consumer applications
10. CSI 2 2.0 for a high-speed, robust, scalable, low-power, and cost-effective camera interface that supports a wide range of imaging for mobile applications
Visit our VIP product page for details about these new VIPs.