Semiconductor IP News and Trends Blog
Managing Complex Hardware-Software Systems – Online Course
Managing complex technical systems presents different challenges from typical project/program management. This course will explore those differences using good systems_engineering principals, numerous case studies and modern tools. Some of the contemporary topics include:
- Implementing a strategic, tailored middle-out approach to development that incorporates legacy IP systems.
- Collaborating change across many engineering and business disciplines without affecting existing tool flows or development processes.
- Managing integration and assessing challenges between hardware and software teams.
- Exposure to Model-based systems engineering (MBSE) techniques.
- Modern case studies to support up-to-date system engineering principles and concepts including decision modeling,trade-off analysis for hardware and software systems and the effect of organizational structure on product iot design?
- Practical system engineering program and design review checklists to aid in the effective and efficient implementation of overall program requirements (partially available online).
This course is based on the latest 5th edition of Wiley’s “Systems Engineering Management,” by Blanchard and Blyler.
Online course students will receive 3 CEUs from the Florida Institute of Technology or a certificate of completion that may be applied as 30 Continuing Learning Points (CLPs).
Visit the RMS Partnership page (right-hand column) to register
Last Day to Register is Thursday, February 4th
Instructor: John Blyler
Soon after you registered a member of the RMS Partnership will contact you regarding on-line procedures and related information
Originally posted on JB Systems